The International Organisation for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IOIBD) has recently published information on their website regarding IBD and the new coronavirus (COVID-19).
In brief, their current recommendations are as follows:
- Continue to take all prescribed medication as normal
- Avoid being in close contact with sick people
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth
- Seek medical attention in case of fever, cough or difficulty breathing
- Get your flu jab if you haven't already
The IOIBD states that they will be updating the recommendations as things evolve.