Pruritus is intense itching that usually starts with the feet, hands and ankles but can spread all over the body including the eyes. It is a common and often debilitating symptom of PSC. It is sometimes the very thing that initially takes you to the doctor in the first place.
Top Tips to Reduce Itching
- Mix menthol crystals with aqueous cream and apply to skin
- Take a cool shower or bath
- Wear cotton clothing or none at all if possible!
- Keep skin moisturised
- Standing in a cold bath with a cold shower on.
- Bicarbonate of soda in a bath
- Sleeping in wet socks
Medications that PSCers have been prescribed include:
- Colestyramine (Questran)
Find out what PSCers say about itching