Liver transplants are conducted in liver transplant units or centres. There are also patient support groups at the units. There are eight liver transplant units in the UK and the Republic of Ireland for adults, and three for children:
Liver transplant units and support groups for adults
- Birmingham Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Cambridge Addenbrooke's Hospital
- Dublin St Vincent’s University Hospital
- Edinburgh Royal Infirmary
- The British Liver Trust runs the support group at the Royal Infirmary Edinburgh. For the latest times and venues, check out their Facebook group.
- Leeds St James's University Hospital
- London King's College Hospital
- London The Royal Free Hospital
- There is no support group at the moment but the friendly staff at the liver unit are keen to work closely with patients to start one. Let us know if you’re interested so we can put you in touch!
- Newcastle Freeman Hospital