Researchers are looking for people with PSC to take part in two new studies. The studies are looking at:
- the experience of patients with liver disease, including PSC
- the patient experience of itching related to PSC
There is no treatment involved in either of these studies and you can take part from the comfort of your own home.
Online survey research opportunity: Study on Liver Disease
This study is recruiting patients who have been diagnosed with a liver disease to participate in an online survey. The purpose of this study is to understand the experience of patients with liver disease, including symptoms and impact on quality of life. This study does not involve any treatment, and participation is completely voluntary. If you are eligible, you will be asked to complete 3 online surveys over a 6-month period. You will be compensated for your time for completing all 3 surveys.
To be eligible to participate in this study, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Currently live in the US, UK, or Canada
- Have a healthcare provider-confirmed diagnosis of one of the following liver diseases:
- Autoimmune hepatitis (AIH)
- Chronic viral hepatitis B
- Chronic viral hepatitis C
- Drug-induced liver injury (DILI)
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Overlap syndrome (AIH and PBC/PSC)
- Primary biliary cholangitis (PBC)
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Be willing and able to participate in 3 online surveys (an initial survey and follow-up surveys after 3 months and 6 months)
If you are interested in participating, or for additional information about the study, please contact:
- United Kingdom: email@example.com
- United States: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canada: email@example.com
Understanding cholestatic pruritus (itching in PSC)
A new research study is currently seeking individuals with pruritus (itch) associated with cholestatic liver disease in the UK. The study team is interested in speaking with people who experience pruritus, also known as itching, associated with cholestatic liver disease.
The purpose of this study is to understand the patient experience of pruritus (itching). The researchers will also ask you to complete up to 3 surveys related to the pruritus to learn if they contain information and questions that are relevant and clear. There is no treatment involved.
To be eligible to participate in this study, individuals must:
- Be between the ages of 12 and 80 years old
- Have a clinician-confirmed diagnosis of primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Be willing and able to participate in an interview for 90 minutes
To learn more, contact: Lynne Broderick firstname.lastname@example.org
+1 (401) 248-2975