PSC Support Policies
Quick links to our policies
Using our website
PSC Support is the only UK registered charity (#1175427, previously 1115615) solely dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC). We aim to help you be informed about PSC and its related issues and to provide access to peer support. We’re totally funded from charitable donations and open to everyone.
Although we hope we’ll never need to mention them to you again, please take time to familiarise yourself with our policies and statements associated with the commitments made when using our website and services.
Respecting your privacy – our commitment to you
- We will limit our communication to you to be on PSC-related matters only.
- We will respect your right to privacy and will only use the information you give in a way that you would reasonably expect.
We’re not doctors – we can’t give medical advice
- Unless otherwise explicitly stated content on this website is written by PSC Support volunteers who are not medical professionals.
- If you speak or converse through any medium with a Trustee, Officer, Employee or Volunteer of PSC Support you acknowledge that you will not accept anything discussed to be construed as medical advice.
- We recommend that you speak to a suitable qualified medical practitioner regarding any specific medical issues or planned changes to your individual healthcare regime.
See our Medical Information Disclaimer
We want to improve
Sometimes we get things wrong. We take your complaints seriously so that we can do our best to resolve them for you and make things better for everyone else. We like to receive positive feedback too so please also use this channel to tell us what we do well!
Find out how to complain
Ref: WP004 17 December 2021