Clinical Trials Guide
Download our Clinical Trials Guide
A complete 24-page guide to clinical trials for people living with PSC. We answer these questions and more:
- Am I eligible (suitable) to take part in a clinical trial?
- Will my doctor contact me about clinical trials?
- My hospital is not running the clinical trial I want to take part in. What should I do?
- Why do I need to sign a consent form?
- What questions should I ask?
- What is a study visit?
- Can I choose the days I attend?
If you’re downloading our guide, and would like to add a voluntary donation to PSC Support to help us continue our work to improve the lives of people affected by PSC, you can! Simply ‘name your price’ for this item and we will treat it as a donation to PSC Support.
This 24-page guide includes information about clinical trials in PSC, how medicines are developed, how to find clinical trials, how to take part in clinical trials and what to think about before making up your mind.
This guide was written by PSC patients and reviewed by ChemomAb Therapeutics, Mirum Pharmaceuticals, UK-PSC (Professor Douglas Thorburn: UK-PSC Chair and Dr Palak Trivedi: UK-PSC Chief Investigator), Loren Smith (Research/Clinical Autoimmune Liver Disease Specialist Nurse) and our patient panel. We are very grateful for their input.
Many thanks to Noelie Srivastava who created the graphics for this Guide