PSCers' Unanswered Research Questions
The following list of questions is taken from our 2014/15 Survey.
Questions about why people get PSC
- What is the cause of PSC?
- Can PSC be prevented?
- What is PSC doing to me?
- Who gets PSC?
- Why is there such variability between PSCers?
- What environmental factors are involved in PSC?
Questions about curing or halting PSC
- Can you cure me?
- Can you halt the progression on PSC?
Questions about diagnosis, prognosis and identifying PSC risks
- How can PSC be diagnosed early?
- Why does PSC return after transplant in some people?
- What is my prognosis?
- Why does PSC progress quickly in some people?
- Will I need a transplant?
- Identify warning signals that my PSC will be aggressive.
- Identify warning signals that I may get a cancer.
Questions about symptom treatment
- Can you treat my fatigue and other symptoms?
- Does exercise help fatigue in PSC?
Questions about helping ourselves
- What can I do to stay healthy?
- Should I eat a special diet?
Questions about PSC and other diseases
- How is PSC linked to Inflammatory Bowel Disease?
- How is PSC linked to other diseases, especially autoimmune diseases?
Questions about therapies
- Do antibiotics work in PSC?
- Does bacterial therapy work in PSC?
- What does Urso do?
Questions about clinical care
- How can I get a doctor that understands PSC?
Questions about genetics
- How are genetics involved in PSC?
- Are members of my family likely to have PSC?
- Can you screen for PSC?
28 February 2015