Once you know you have PSC, you may wish to consider finding a PSC specialist.
You are entitled to ask for a referral for specialist treatment on the NHS.
Generally speaking, if your PSC is asymptomatic (has no symptoms) and stable, you can be seen in a general clinic. If your PSC is complex or symptomatic, talk to your doctor about being referred to a hospital with PSC expertise /conducts PSC research.
Hospitals with an interest in PSC or experience with PSC:
- Birmingham - Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Cambridge - Addenbrooke's Hospital
- Cardiff - University Hospital of Wales
- East Kilbride - Hairmyres Hospital
- Edinburgh - The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
- Leeds - St James University Hospital
- Leicester - Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Newport - Royal Gwent Hospital
- Nottingham - Nottingham University Hospitals Trust
- London - Royal Free Sheila Sherlock Liver Centre
- London - King’s College Hospital
- London - University College London Hospital
- London - St Thomas' Hospital
- Newcastle - Freeman Hospital
- Norwich - Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- Oxford - John Radcliffe Hospital
- Portsmouth - Queen Alexandra Hospital
- Swansea - Singleton Hospital