Not everyone with PSC will need to have a liver transplant.
However, some people do, so we've created this comprehensive guide to answer all your questions relating to transplantation and PSC.
Your Guide to Liver Transplantation for PSC
What to expect before a transplant - will you even need one?
- The liver transplant process
- Will I need a liver transplant?
- What is a liver transplant assessment?
- What tests will I have to have as part of the liver transplant assessment
- Extra: Where do people have liver transplants?
- What is the liver transplant waiting list?
- How long will I be on the waiting list?
- Can I still travel while on the waiting list?
- Can i still work while on the waiting list?
- Once on the list, what sort of circumstance would result in me being suspended or removed from the list?
- What happens if my liver becomes extremely poorly once on the list and a liver isn't available for a long time?
- Extra: How can I explain liver transplantation to my young children? (Mending Mum book)
Liver transplant and organ donation news
As NHS Organ Donor Register reaches its 25th anniversary, there are now nearly 25 million people on the NHS Organ Donor Register and more than 20,000 lives have potentially been saved or transformed thanks to its introduction.Read More
Maxine was recently invited to talk at the South West Liver Nurses study day.Read More
Consultation response and Government plans to introduce a new opt out system for organ donation in England from spring 2020.Read More